Saturday, March 10, 2018

Starter Set, Starter DM, Stretching One’s Proverbial Legs: Session -1


June 28th, 2017

“Been thinking back to the good memories of DnD, and spending more time dwelling on thoughts of character creation than I will admit to.
Not sure how I would ever find the time, but it would be so much fun to start a campaign again, even a short one.”

Innocent Facebook post, or nerd cry for help?  Well, the response was quick.

By July 31st, I sat behind a Dungeon Master screen facing 5 players, 2 brand new, the rest of us new to 5e.

…

We hadn’t played in years, not since the death of one our friends.  The table felt empty, and it took me almost a decade to come back.  But there is a time for grieving to end, for memories to live on.  Who knows, perhaps his old character, Silamon Joysword, could make an appearance one day.

Maybe not.  I cry a little just typing this.  :’)

…

Next post, introductions and Session 0!

No comments:

Post a Comment