Saturday, March 10, 2018

Starter Set, Starter DM, Stretching One’s Proverbial Legs: Session -1


June 28th, 2017

“Been thinking back to the good memories of DnD, and spending more time dwelling on thoughts of character creation than I will admit to.
Not sure how I would ever find the time, but it would be so much fun to start a campaign again, even a short one.”

Innocent Facebook post, or nerd cry for help?  Well, the response was quick.

By July 31st, I sat behind a Dungeon Master screen facing 5 players, 2 brand new, the rest of us new to 5e.


We hadn’t played in years, not since the death of one our friends.  The table felt empty, and it took me almost a decade to come back.  But there is a time for grieving to end, for memories to live on.  Who knows, perhaps his old character, Silamon Joysword, could make an appearance one day.

Maybe not.  I cry a little just typing this.  :’)


Next post, introductions and Session 0!

No comments:

Post a Comment