Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Starter Set, Quest: Save the Goblin Princess, Session 2, Part 1


Durial tied the goblin prisoners to the cart.  The leader, Yeemik, he rolled a 15 DEX check.

The other goblin, Durial's knot tying skill was only a 3 DEX check...

------------------------

"'scuse... 'scuse me?  Can I say something?" piped up the second goblin, his unibrow-laden forehead furrowed at his pleading voice.

"Shut up, nitwit!" shouted Yeemik.

"I have something to say.  Something about the hoo-mans wearing red in Phandalin."

"SHUT UP!  Say another word, and I'll bite your ear off!" spat Yeemik.

The unibrowed-goblin chastised him in return, "You can't hurt me now, Yeemik.  I need their help, and you can't stop me."

Yeemik seethed and growled, but could not budge from his ropes.

"There's a bunch of hoo-mans, they call themselves the 'Red-brands.'   They're trying to take over the town.  Black Spider payed King Grol to help them.   If you want to save the dwarf, they know how to get to the castle.
...
Just tell me you'll do one thing: King Grol has my daughter, Droop.  Makes her work in his kitchens for a goblin named Yegg.
...
Let her live.  Save her from his cruelty."

Yeemik burst into a high-pitched laugh.  "Droop is your daughter?  That pathetic worm?"

The other goblin snarled in return.

"King Grol sent her with the bugbears to the Redbrands.  She's their housekeeper.  She won't last a week," Yeemik cackled.

His nasal, high pitched voice reaching even higher, the goblin pleaded, "NO!  Please, save her!  She's not like us; she takes after her mother, Kiwi."

Yeemik smiled, and gloated, "I remember her.  I killed that priestess of Meriadar myself."

Screaming, the second goblin yanks his arm free from the ropes.  Standing back, the adventurers watch in surprise as the small, furry-foreheaded creature pulled off his bonds, and leaped upon the body of Yeemik, gnashing his sharpened teeth upon the neck of his former tormentor.

---

Moments later, spitting and wiping blood from his mouth, the goblin slumped to the ground, exhausted, kneeling in front of the group.

"I surrender.  Do what you will with me.
Just please, if you have any good in you, save the last good goblin
She knows how to get to Cragmaw Castle.  Save her, save my princess."

Taking pity on the poor soul, they helped him to him feet, allowing him to walk alongside their wagon.  Tossing Yeemik's corpse into a bush, they continued on their path.  The goblin shared his story along the way.

"My name is Fleek.
Our village was peaceful.  My wife, Kiwi, was our priestess.
Our god, Meriadar, the Tolerant One.  He taught patience, acceptance, peace.
We lived isolated, hidden, where we could be free to make art, enjoy life, and avoid violence.
Then King Grol came, with his brutal bugbears and hobgoblins.
Those that lived were forced to work for Grol.
Yeemik betrayed us; he lead Grol to us.
Goblins already under the service of Grol worshipped Maglubiyet, god of war and destruction.
We were weak, and we gave offering to Maglubiyet.
Then we were sent out, to raid, to kill, to destroy.
All but her.  All but little Droop."

2 comments: